Internship Update 2020
Red Hat is hiring for the position DevOps Intern. For more such off campus drives, internships, free courses be updated on our website.
|Job Title||Red Hat Hiring DevOps Intern | Remote Internship|
|Description||In this role, you will work in an environment where diverse perspectives are invited, the best ideas are valued, and people feel empowered to contribute.|
|Work Location||Remote – USA|
|Employment Type||FULL TIME|
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. We strive to make software freely accessible to everyone around the world. Software developed at Red Hat runs in vehicles that landed on the moon, airlines, banks, trains, social media, health care, academic institutions, robots, and in many other places.
If you’re interested so far, keep reading.
The Red Hat OpenStack Production Chain team is looking for a highly motivated individual who wants to gain practical experience with open source and Red Hat products during a summer internship to join us as a DevOps Intern. In this role, you will work in an environment where diverse perspectives are invited, the best ideas are valued, and people feel empowered to contribute. Freedom and courage are two of our core values, which is why you’ll need to be comfortable taking risks and exploring the unknown. But being a Red Hatter isn’t just about being brave, it’s also about demonstrating commitment and sticking to it.
The key focus for Red Hat’s Intern Program is a dual partnership between the early talent team and our intern managers. We can offer you professional development, social engagement and networking, performance and development, and meaningful work throughout your summer at Red Hat.
Primary job responsibilities
- Learn our existing tools and offerings
- Gain understanding of the problems we are trying to solve
- Play an important part in the build and release processes of our current solutions portfolio
- Make sure these tools are ready for the next generation of open source technologies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate in a globally distributed, cross-functional environment
- Passion for technology, working the open source way, and upholding brand standards
- Ability to work well on your own and in teams; experience with and an appreciation for agile principles and practices
- Knowledge of and the ability to learn various development and scripting languages, specifically Python, as well as workflow automation
- Passion for solving complex problems; ability to create or identify solutions that are well-tested and maintainable
- Ability to work full-time May-August
- Currently pursuing a degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field; if you have graduated, be no more than 6 months past your graduation date
- Knowledge of the UNIX or Linux operating system in any distribution
- Coding experience in languages like C or Python
- Good written and verbal communication skills
The following are considered a plus:
- Solid written English communication skills
- Ability to graphically represent concepts and architectures in documentation
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform or Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization
- Software-defined networking or storage experience
- Background in developing of orchestration and configuration management solutions
- Experience with Ansible development solutions
- Experience working in agile software development teams
- Practical ability to take on advanced work in the mentioned skill areas
- Advanced problem solving skills
- Experienced video conferencing collaborator
- Previous code contributions to or participation in open source projects or code samples on GitHub
- You’re willing to wear a lot of red
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies.
Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Apply Now: Click Here (Internship Drive)